Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Faithful Steward


"Get dressed for service and keep your lamps burning; be like people waiting for their master to come back from the wedding celebration, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. Blessed are those slaves whom their master finds alert when he returns! I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, have them take their place at the table, and will come and wait on them!"
(Luke 12:35-37 NET)
Typically, when we think of these verses, we are thinking in the future when Jesus Christ returns and takes His people home. However, I believe this passage is talking about a more immediate time -- maybe even today. I am not talking about the second coming. I am talking about those times in our lives when God draws near to instruct or direct us in our lives.



Listen! I am standing at the door and knocking! If anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come into his home and share a meal with him, and he with me.
(Revelation 3:20 NET)
God offers a great promise to those who are ever ready to hear his voice, to draw near to Him in prayer, and to commune with him -- even in the darkest hours of the night.

The Lord replied, "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his household servants, to give them their allowance of food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master finds at work when he returns. I tell you the truth, the master will put him in charge of all his possessions."
(Luke 12:42-44 NET)

Are you listening for His voice and ready to answer the call?

No comments:

Post a Comment